An outline of how to look after an EcoLet is given below. This is to give you an idea of what is involved and to assist you in making a decision on the ideal waterless composting toilet solution for your needs. Our team are happy to discuss your specific requirements and associated maintenance needs in more detail, please contact us .
Daily or Weekly
- Add 1 cup of hummus mixture to toilet after every solid use.
- Clean toilet fixture using only biodegradable cleaners.
- Check liquid level in the tube on right hand side of system- if the liquid is evident in tube turn thermostat up one or two notches.
- Give compost pile a rake around with manual mixing rake.
Emptying of Tray
- Tray emptying times will vary depending on the actual usage of the system and the number of people utilising the toilet.
- If compost pile is at the same level as the top mixing arm inside your toilet this is a good time to empty the tray.
- Disconnect fluid indicator tube and pull tray out of toilet.
- Once tray has been emptied and waste disposed of (according to your local authority) replace tray and reconnect fluid indicator tube.
All our composting toilet solutions come with a detailed maintenance and service guide and troubleshooting FAQ. In addition, we offer back up and support for the life of the toilets. In addition, we offers quality backup and support for the life of the systems and with distributors around the country, prompt after sales service and advice is assured. If you have any queries on the use or maintenance of you EcoLet please contact us.